New Patient Registration
The doctors welcome new patients who live within our practice area*.
Emperors Gate practice accepts patients from the following postal areas: SW5, SW7, SW10 and W8.
These are the steps to register:
1) Complete the 'new patient registration pack' - see Online Registration Forms tab and either print out and bring to reception, or email to email@example.com.
OR: if you prefer please come to reception and collect a paper copy of the 'new patient registration pack'.
2) Come in person to reception to complete the registration process with your eligibility documentation - see below.
3) The reception team will check your documents and ask you to measure your blood pressure and weight.
4) The reception team will upload your paperwork, normally within 24 hours.
5) If you have requested online access you will be informed when your password and login details are ready to collect - normally the next working day.
Anyone who is ordinarily resident in the UK is entitled to NHS treatment and to register with a GP. ‘Ordinarily resident’ means you are lawfully living and settled in the UK. This includes full time students, those engaged in full time employment, asylum seekers and refugees.
Please note that it is a patient’s responsibility to provide proof of their entitlement. As such, if you wish to register, we require you to bring with you the following items:
- Proof of ID, such as a Driver's Licence or Passport.
- A Utility bill stating your name and current address.
- Details of your previous GP or your NHS Number.
- Proof of status in the country, for example a pay-slip or work contract for over 6 months.
* Children under 16 years can be registered by a parent or guardian. Please bring red book or copies of immunisation record for children under 6 years of age. Children only need to fill out one form.
We accept registrations throughout the day, however our quieter times are between 10am-12.30pm and between 3pm and 5pm. (PLEASE NOTE WE CLOSE AT 5PM ON A FRIDAY).
The process can take up to 30 minutes so please make sure you allow adequate time.